Leader and manager
Managers are people who do things right and leaders are people who do the right things.
It is important to remember that managers and leaders are not the same people. In contrary, these two categories of people can be very different. Since in your company you will be fulfilling both positions in the beginning at least you should be aware of these differences
- Plan, organize, control, budget, manage resources
- Focus on solving problems & achieving goals
- Are emotionally distant
- Value stability and status quo
- Define direction and create shared vision
- Build culture & model the values
- Focus on people and relations
- Are highly effective emotionally, inspire, motivate, energize
- Value change & challenge the status quo
As you may have noticed, some positions are mutually exclusive. Like desire for change and for maintaining the status quo.
You should be aware of the difference and since in the young startup you will be the man of many hats you should precisely know when you are putting one hat and when another.
Entrepreneurship and economy
Private sector made of SMBs is a basis of the open market economy. Not only it contributes to GDP and creates working places, it also creates the unique atmosphere of competitiveness and initiative in the society. Entrepreneurship and private initiative are the key drivers that moving western economy nowadays.
A total number of entrepreneurs in the US exceeds 27m now.
– 14% of the working population.
– 46% of private sector GDP.
This way we can see that for healthy economy private sector constructed of entrepreneurs is a critical component of the economy. Equally important as big enterprises.
Not all of them survive for long time unfortunately
Entrepreneurship and Lean Startup.
Part 1- Founder.
April 22, 2019
How to Design an Effective Lead Scoring Matrix
April 16, 2019